England | Scotland | Wales | Northern Ireland | Ireland
Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms
Find out about the main symptoms of coronavirus and what to do if you have them.
Self-isolation and treatment if you have coronavirus symptoms
Advice about staying at home (self-isolation) and treatment for you and anyone you live with.
Testing and tracing
Information about testing for coronavirus and what to do if you're contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service.
People at high risk
Advice for people at higher risk from coronavirus, including older people, people with health conditions and pregnant women.
Social distancing and changes to everyday life
Advice about avoiding close contact with other people (social distancing), looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS and other services during coronavirus.
GOV.UK: coronavirus – guidance and support
Government information and advice.
22 High StreetEdwinstoweMansfieldNotts, NG21 9QSTel: 01623 822 303
Important: Please ensure you are wearing a face mask or covering when entering the surgery. Many thanks
Practice staff and the PPG members have summarised the results of this years practice survey which can be found under the Survey Results tab.
PPG Meeting Minutes 26th Feb 2020
PPG Meeting Minutes 15th Jan 2020
PPG Minutes 01.10.19
PPG Meeting Mins 5.6.19
PPG Meeting Mins 24.4.19
PPG Minutes 15.03.19
PPG meeting mins 13.9.17
PPG Mins 3.6.15
PPG Mins 16.9.2015
PPG minutes 24.5.17
On 13th November 2019, a free educational session was organised by the PPG to deliver the above. The training was provided by Dr Jordan and was well attended.
Further sessions will be organised next year.
In 2018, the PPG was proide to provide free training session on the basic life support to the local residents. The sessions took place at the practice and was very well attended.
To respond to patients requests, in June and September 2019, the PPG had organised further four traininmg sessions on basic life support. The sessions were successfully delivered by the Mansfield First Responders.
The Major Oak Medical Practice PPG are looking at starting occasional coffee mornings at the practice, all money raised from these will be used to help the practice fund new equipment for patients. Please keep an eye out for information as to when these will be.
We are planning a Christmas Fayre on Saturday 1st December 2012 between 10am and 1pm to raise money for a new patient call system in the waiting area.
30p Entrance fee includes a cup of tea or coffee. Tickets will be on sale for a prize winning tombola. Guess the weight of the cake competition and a lottery bonus ball! Winner need not be present.
Stalls will include; toys, bric-a-brac, homemade cakes and we are hoping for a very special visit from Father Christmas.
All donations and prizes have been kindly donated by patients and local businesses ~ A big thank you for your support!!
1. Keeping patients up to date if a clinic is running late.
2. Addressing the amounts of patients that do not attend for appointments.
3. Old magazines in the waiting room being unhygienic.
4. Telephone consultations with doctors for advice.
5. Early morning appointments for blood tests.
6. Shorter waiting times to see a clinician.
1. Receptionists now place a sign on the reception desk to inform patients if a doctor or nurse is running behind and where possible inform patients as they book in.
2. The surgery now sends text message appointment reminders to patients with mobile phones to remind the patient of their appointment and requesting that they contact the surgery to cancel it should they no longer need to be seen. For persistent non-attenders a letter is now sent to the patient highlighting the risk of them being removed from the practice list should their attendance not improve. To raise awareness an article is placed in the Quarterly Newsletter and a notice is put up in the waiting room on a monthly basis breaking down the amount of hours in doctors and nursing appointments that have been wasted.
3. All magazines have been removed from the waiting area for hygiene reasons.
4. All doctors now have telephone consultations built into their surgeries every day they are in practice.
5. There is a Healthcare Assistant available for appointments on a Monday and Tuesday from 7am.
6. The start of telephone Nurse Triage for all emergencies which means you quickly get to see the right clinician when you are suffering from an urgent illness. This has also reduced the waiting time for routine appointments.
We would like to know how we can improve our services to you.
To help us with this, we have set up a patient representation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We may contact you via email and ask you to be involved in surveys, we will endevour to keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
We aim to gather opinions from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
Please check the following leaflet regardig becoming a member of the Virtual Group:
Virtual PPG Leaflet
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Appointment System Survey
Please take a minute to complete the Patient Participation Groups Appointment Survey. All responses are annoymous and will help us to work together to improve the system and communication to patients. Please return all completed surveys to the surgery.
Many thanks for your assistance.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
Contact the Patient Group with your feedback, suggestion, comment or question. Please do not use
this form for complaints - these should always be directed to the Practice Manager
Note that by using this form, you will be sending information about yourself across
the Internet. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should
be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter
concerns you then you should use another method to notify us of your comment.
Your IP address (126.96.36.199) will be sent
with your communication. In rare cases where abuse or criminal activity can be shown
to have taken place this may be used by the authorities to trace you.
Copyright 2006 - 2020 My Surgery Website | Privacy & Usage | Edit | Staff Home | Site Map | Accessibility | Site T&C's | Service T&C's