22 High StreetEdwinstoweMansfieldNotts, NG21 9QSTel: 01623 822 303
Practice staff and the PPG members have summarised the results of this years practice survey which can be found under the Survey Results tab.
PPG meeting mins 13.9.17
PPG Mins 3.6.15
PPG Mins 16.9.2015
PPG minutes 24.5.17
The Major Oak Medical Practice PPG are looking at starting occasional coffee mornings at the practice, all money raised from these will be used to help the practice fund new equipment for patients. Please keep an eye out for information as to when these will be.
We are planning a Christmas Fayre on Saturday 1st December 2012 between 10am and 1pm to raise money for a new patient call system in the waiting area.
30p Entrance fee includes a cup of tea or coffee. Tickets will be on sale for a prize winning tombola. Guess the weight of the cake competition and a lottery bonus ball! Winner need not be present.
Stalls will include; toys, bric-a-brac, homemade cakes and we are hoping for a very special visit from Father Christmas.
All donations and prizes have been kindly donated by patients and local businesses ~ A big thank you for your support!!
1. Keeping patients up to date if a clinic is running late.
2. Addressing the amounts of patients that do not attend for appointments.
3. Old magazines in the waiting room being unhygienic.
4. Telephone consultations with doctors for advice.
5. Early morning appointments for blood tests.
6. Shorter waiting times to see a clinician.
1. Receptionists now place a sign on the reception desk to inform patients if a doctor or nurse is running behind and where possible inform patients as they book in.
2. The surgery now sends text message appointment reminders to patients with mobile phones to remind the patient of their appointment and requesting that they contact the surgery to cancel it should they no longer need to be seen. For persistent non-attenders a letter is now sent to the patient highlighting the risk of them being removed from the practice list should their attendance not improve. To raise awareness an article is placed in the Quarterly Newsletter and a notice is put up in the waiting room on a monthly basis breaking down the amount of hours in doctors and nursing appointments that have been wasted.
3. All magazines have been removed from the waiting area for hygiene reasons.
4. All doctors now have telephone consultations built into their surgeries every day they are in practice.
5. There is a Healthcare Assistant available for appointments on a Monday and Tuesday from 7am.
6. The start of telephone Nurse Triage for all emergencies which means you quickly get to see the right clinician when you are suffering from an urgent illness. This has also reduced the waiting time for routine appointments.
We would like to know how we can improve our services to you.
To help us with this, we have set up a patient representation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We may contact you via email and ask you to be involved in surveys, we will endevour to keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
We aim to gather opinions from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
Please check the following leaflet regardig becoming a member of the Virtual Group:
Virtual PPG Leaflet
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Appointment System Survey
Please take a minute to complete the Patient Participation Groups Appointment Survey. All responses are annoymous and will help us to work together to improve the system and communication to patients. Please return all completed surveys to the surgery.
Many thanks for your assistance.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
Contact the Patient Group with your feedback, suggestion, comment or question. Please do not use
this form for complaints - these should always be directed to the Practice Manager
Note that by using this form, you will be sending information about yourself across
the Internet. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should
be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter
concerns you then you should use another method to notify us of your comment.
Your IP address (184.108.40.206) will be sent
with your communication. In rare cases where abuse or criminal activity can be shown
to have taken place this may be used by the authorities to trace you.
Copyright 2006 - 2018 My Surgery Website | Privacy & Usage | Edit | Staff Home | Site Map | Accessibility | Site T&C's | Service T&C's